Termites can destroy your home or any property alike, that is why here at The Termite Boys Boston we have complied a list of 5 tips to help better protect your property from termites this summer. Follow these 5 tips so that you have a better chance of combating termites during this termite season. Don’t let your business, or family fall victim to the huge amount of problems termites bring with them.
- Spread Rubber Mulch – Termites love mulch because it is a soil that is full of nutrients, and moisture. Using rubber mulch solves this problem of bringing termites closer to your home, but if you have to use mulch make sure that you do it at least 20 feet from your homes foundation.
- Store Wood Far Away – Never store your firewood or any other scarp wood that might draw termites or other pest in close to your home. If you do that it’s basically a welcome mat for termites to enter your home, and start feeding on it. Always store your firewood at least 20 feet from your home, and if possible elevate it from direct contact from the ground.
- Trim shrubs and Trees – Make sure all vegetation on your property does not come into contact with your home, as this provides easy access for termites to come into your property.
- Seal Cracks and Crevices – Seal all cracks and crevices this not only helps stop termites but numerous other pest species from enter your home. Use caulk or another silicon based product to seal these problem areas.
- Removal Water Source – Most pest species especially termites cannot survive without a constant water source. If you have any puddles or other sources of water termites can feed from remove them this will starve out the termites.
If you have any more questions about termites of how you can better protect your home or business from termites contact The Termite Boys today. The Termite Boys have been protecting the greater Boston area for over 30 years, all while being family owned and operated. See why so many in the greater Boston area have choose The Termite Boys to protect their home or business from termites!
Follow The Termite Boys on our social media accounts to stay up to date with the latest information, and deals!